How to Retrieve Coggins and Health Certificates
If you have recently had a coggins or health certificate done on your horse, please follow the instructions below on how to retrieve them. Below you will find step-by-step instructions for existing accounts, creating an account, and for agents.
For Owners/Agents with existing accounts
1. Go to https://www.globalvetlink.com/. If you have an existing account press LOG IN in the upper right corner . Enter your email associated with your Wolf Creek account and existing password.
2. Go to the left side of the screen and click Animals
3. Select the horse and go down to Certificates. There the coggins or health certificate will be available for download. If available select Download PDF or Download as Image for your certificate
4. If your coggins has not been finalized, there will be an alert saying that the coggins is still at the lab and it will be available within a few days.
5. If you would like to have your horses coggins/health certificate available to an Agent, scroll down to the bottom and search your agent in the bar to grant them access.
For Owners Making a NEw account
1. Go to https://www.globalvetlink.com/. If you are making a new account press SIGN UP in the upper right corner. Scroll down to Animal Owner and Create a new MyVetLink Account
2. Select Animal Owner and fill out the required information making sure to use the e-mail correlated with your Wolf Creek account.
3. Select register and complete the prompted instructions to log in. NOTE: The hospital will have to grant you access to your documents before receiving them. If you are having a problem accessing your documents and created an account, make sure it is the same email provided to the hospital and if so, check with the office to make sure access has been granted.
For agents making a new account
1. Go to https://www.globalvetlink.com/. If you are making a new account press SIGN UP in the upper right corner. Scroll down to Animal Owner and Create a new MyVetLink Account.
2. Select Animal Agent and fill out the required information (note: if you have an existing owner account you must use a different email than your other account)
3. Select register and complete the prompted instructions to log in. Owners or the hospital will have to allow you access to the horses certificates so make sure to let the office staff or horse owner know that you have an agent account and would like it to be allowed access.